Monday, October 17, 2011

Concert in Butembo

We took a trip to Butembo yesterday (spending just a few hours there), to support our church's choir, Echo du Salut. They sang with another choir from Goma and Orioni, a Butembo choir in a large concert. Here are a few images! 

singers from Goma

 some of the musicians

 Echo du Salut

 Zack and Kizito leading the song

some of the ladies

Orioni choir from Butembo

And now I need a massage... It's been a long time since I've made that trip to Butembo - twice in one day! It's physically exhausting. And unfortunately, I don't have photos of all the dust I had to wash off of me after getting home... That might be kind of gross though! 

But thankfully, we had no car or any other troubles. Besides, smooth travel wasn't really expected and it's not the reason we went to Butembo. It was to support and be a part of our local choir. 

The day and the concert, were both beautiful.