Saturday, August 9, 2008

back in Wisconsin

Well life is changing, and pretty rapidly! I’ve finished my job in Evanston, moved out of my apartment in Chicago and am currently in Wisconsin with my family for the next month.

While here, I will spend a lot of time with family, and hopefully see some of my friends as well. However, the majority of my time will be focused on raising the financial support necessary for me to live for the next year in Beni. Your prayers are greatly needed!

Please pray for provision! I know that the funds will come in – I don’t know how or where they’ll come from – but I trust that they will come in.

Please pray for preparation. There are many things that need to be done before I begin my trip – including getting my visa, flights, packing, etc. Additionally there is the mental and spiritual preparation that I must have – which seems to be a daily process.

There are many people who have helped me in ways that without them, this transition would have been horrible! I count you among my blessings. :)

My family, Tikva, Gloria, Leah, Stevie, Chris, Baraka, Le Beni, Bonheur, Kim, Sarah, Kelley, Karen, Mandy, Heidi, Audra, Hanna, and I know there are more! All of you who offered me places to stay, helped pack, moved my belongings, helped me clean, fed me, gave encouragement, wisdom, guidance, supplied laughter or even just distractions – thank you. I love you all!

While I’m living at my parents’ I will still have my cell phone and I’ll do my best to answer it – or at least return phone calls! But I want to stay in touch with everyone as best as I can. I will start trying to update this blog more regularly... That way you can still be aware of what’s going on in my life.

Those of you who I’ve just moved away from – know that I miss you already but will see you soon!!

Love always,
Bethany

Last night at my apartment - eating out of containers and on boxes!














































My apartment is empty!























2 comments:

HNA said...

I MISS YOU, BETH!!!

destinednomad said...

yooo,
r u in congo yet? wishing you well for your life journeys and all new experiences that are to come!
(will be checking ur blog, so do update)