Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kampala

Wow. Kampala, Uganda is so big, busy, crowded and beautiful! There are so many people everywhere, if it's not in a little motorcycle swerving around on the roads with at least one client on the back, it's the thousands of taxi's going in and out of the traffic with at least 15 people inside, holding on for dear life.



But I like it here. Lake Victoria is just a short (maybe two or three mile) walk away... There are boats and people all buying, selling, fishing... there is so much to see here!

And then when we go to the actual city centre of Kampala... I have never seen so many things being sold in one spot - hundreds of shops, merchants outside selling things, and thousands of people everywhere. I have pictures... But I can't upload them yet... Soon! :)

Anyway, things here are good... I'm excited to travel to Congo this weekend... It will be good to get there and get started!

More soon :)

love,
Bethany

2 comments:

kswizzy said...

Good to know you're doing well! Miss you much. Keep me posted!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you. Can't wait to hear about the Congo once you're leave. We think of you often.