Monday, October 13, 2008

Welcome to Congo!

Hello friends!

I just wanted to leave a quick note letting you know that we safely arrived in Beni on Saturday night, after leaving Kampala at 7am... It was a long 10 hour drive, but it was so beautiful!!! We saw so much... from plants and people and houses to elephants (!!!!!!!!!!!!) and antelope... It was fantastic. I can't wait to upload my photos so that you can see some...

Right now I'm at UCBC where Dr Kasali, Paul Robinson (the head of the US side of CI-UCBC) and I are meeting for a few days to get some work done before the rest of the board arrives! It's very exciting to be here and see this school! It's new and still developing but the people - teachers, students and staff are all so excited as well. I'm really happy to be here :) Today there is a group of students taking entrance exams for the first year... They are all hoping they will be able to attend school at the end of this month!! :)

I know I keep promising updates... But I will hopefully get a chance to do so soon... Gotta go... I hope that you are doing well...

Love,
Bethany

ps - The Rwenzori mountains can be seen right outside the house... Gorgeous. And yes, you should be jealous ;)

No comments: