Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Why is this reality?

Here is an article I read today...

Shedding light on things like what we saw in Goma, and stories we hear occasionally... It is a horrible reality that many women and communities face here. My heart seems to stop every time I hear a new story or news article - even though what's said is not exactly new. My hope is that I will never become numb to the pain, suffering and shame that is inflicted on the helpless. I must not become used to it.

"Despite the presence in the region of the largest U.N. peacekeeping mission in the world, no one has been able to stop the systematic rape of the Congolese women."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/21/opinion/21herbert.html?_r=1&emc=eta1


I thank God that there are articles being written for the public to read. I pray that one day, enough people will take notice of the DR Congo and in noticing, begin to take action.

Please continue to pray for the Congo. For the women and children of this country. For the leaders and for the future.

God bless,
Bethany

No comments: