Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Oh am I late?

One of the challenges that we still face as an institution is tardiness... And total indifference to it, by the students. Sometimes there is just this attitude of "so what? I'm here, aren't I?" It's certainly changing though. Since the fall of 2008, I can see a change up to now. However, the change hasn't come easily and it's still a stretching process that we're going though. Together. And sometimes it's a painful stretching process.

Well a few minutes ago I was listening to music on my mp3 player, and a song by Kanye West came on. I was about to switch it when I heard a line that made me think of some of our students here at UCBC.

"Class started two hours ago. Oh am I late?"

**This is not a song I would really suggest people listen to... But if you wanted to know, it's called "Can't Tell Me Nothing." I don't even really like this song. But I'm happy I listened to it today. It brought me to my students and it made me laugh. Thanks Kanye.

And I really do love my students. Even when they have attitudes. And even when they're extremely late to class.

1 comment:

Sam and Sarah said...

That sounds like Congo alright...