Monday, June 21, 2010

Friends

This is my new friend Soki.
Actually, maybe she's my new family member - she had me call her Dada Soki - which means Sister Soki! :)
Soki is the name given to girls when they are the first born in their family.
So we're both the eldest in our families... And both Soki!


After moving back to Oicha, Shanga Roza, Ida, Sammy and I stopped to take a photo.
Shanga Roza had been living in Beni near us, but wanted to move back to her village.
Ida is the young girl who will live with her, to help her.












I posted photos earlier that were from coming down a mountain in Butembo...
This is a photo of Noe and I while we were there.
We'd gone to see a large tea plantation.
The tea leaves were so green and the sky so blue that day!







Tete and I at a restaurant.
She is a student at UCBC, a hard worker and a good friend!










Shanga Jorgette and I.
She is a sweet and funny woman!
Without fail, we always laugh when we are together.







John.
He is an English teacher at UCBC.
He also works with our Academic Dean, Honore in Administration.
John's a hard worker and a guy with a good (unique) sense of humor!

2 comments:

The Chicken Lady said...

Precious. You both are beautiful. :)

destinednomad said...

these are beautiful pictures of you and your friends in beni. the farewell's gonna be tough;) me thinks! btw, how's the world cup fever there?