Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thinking about Chicago... And Family.

I love Chicago.

Not for the traffic.
Not for the wind (it's not called "the windy city" without just cause!).
Not for the food.
Not for the music.
Not for the beaches.

I love Chicago for the people.

I have been blessed to have met so many amazing, talented and beautiful people... Through my (short) time living in Chicago.
I can easily say that some of my best friends were made in the Chicagoland area, if not Chicago itself!
And some of my dearest friends are still there.
I miss that city and especially my people in Chicago.

And here's another reason to love Chicago - it's beautiful! And green. And apparently, within a half mile's walk - anyone in the city can get to a park or some green space. :)

Enjoy this link! Chicago ranks 14th in national park space survey - ABC News


And today is my Grandpa's birthday; he would have been 92 today. 
I love you soooo much! 
xoxoxo


3 comments:

Audra Ohm said...

love you friend! ad happy birthday to your grandpa, they are so special aren't they?

Mandy said...

Hey Bethany!
I'm finally on here to see what's up w/ you in the DR Congo.
I love your beautiful, new blog format! I've not been able to visit it for a super-long time, so you've probably had it for awhile. At any rate, it's beautiful and well-organized!
I, too, love Chicago, and I hope I end up living there, at some point in my life! We shall see.
And what a beautiful shout-out to your grandpa. How sweet!

Noé and Bethany said...

Thanks girls. You're both so sweet :)
Audra - I love you too!
Mandy - I hope one day you do get to live in Chicago. I know you'd love it - especially given how much you've loved visiting it! :)