Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What does the world really need for Christmas this year?

I found this short video (actually it was a commercial I saw last night!) to be very powerful:


I love this little video. It has such an important message.

There are lots of things that we can do this Christmas... Not just through the Methodist Church (and that isn't bad either), but through so many organizations abroad and locally... 

Of course there is UCBC (www.ucbc.org)
And Congo Initiative (www.congoinitiative.org)
The Salvation Army (www.salvationarmy.org)
Habitat for Humanity (www.habitat.org)

And really so many more organizations... But I won't give you a huge list of places... If you want some more places to get involved / support / volunteer at - email me and I'll share some ideas with you.

But for now, what can we do to give of ourselves, to others? To give them a better Christmas... And not just a better Christmas, but a better life?

1 comment:

Abraham Salomon said...

Hello,
I wanted to get in touch with you because I may be going to Beni later this week. I am staying in Uganda, and am likely to be near the border after Christmas. I was thinking about spending a couple days in DRC, and randomly found your blog. If you could call me, or text me your phone number at:
+256-758-939-674
perhaps we could have a brief chat about a possible visit to Beni. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
Abraham Salomon