Friday, November 4, 2011

Intensive English - 3 October 2011


The first day of Intensive English with first year UCBC students....

As you can see by the photo, I had a baby with us... He was so sad and the little girl carrying him, couldn't comfort him. Any time an adult held him, he was cheerful. So this 5 month old was a member of my class that day... While his mom studied in another group of new students! He was one of my favorite students :)

We walked around campus after an hour of sharing, speaking and laughing together (trying to remember everyone's names by playing that name-repeating game!)... And that was it. Not the most "traditional" of classes... But hopefully a good one for the students! It was certainly memorable for me!

2 comments:

Shyna said...

Hi Bethany,

My name is Rob Shelby and I noticed you had a picture of Baraka on your page. For some reason his name entered my mind after 10 years. Is he well? Please let him know I'm praying for him.

Best,
Rob

Noé and Bethany said...

Hi Rob!
I'm happy you "found" Baraka on here! Yes, he is doing really well! I know he appreciates your prayers... I guess there's a reason (of some kind) why he came to mind after so long!
I don't know if you have his contact information... But if you want, you can email me at bethany.erickson@gmail.com - and I'd be happy to send you his information :)
Blessings!